Welcome to the Comox Strathcona Regional Hospital District
The Comox Strathcona Regional Hospital District service area is located in the Coast Salish, Kwakwaka’wakw, and Nuu-chah-nulth territories.
The boundaries of the Comox Strathcona Regional Hospital District (CSRHD) encompass the boundaries of the Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) and the Strathcona Regional District (SRD), and include all the directors from those two regional district boards. Regional hospital districts are governed by the Hospital District Act. Some of the purposes of a regional hospital district are:
- to establish, acquire, construct, reconstruct, enlarge, operate and maintain hospitals and hospital facilities;
- to grant aid for the establishment, acquisition, reconstruction, enlargement, operation and maintenance of hospitals and hospital facilities;
- to assume obligations of any member municipality, or any improvement district not within the definition "municipality", or any hospital corporation, with respect to the repayment of money borrowed and provided for the financing of hospital projects and interest on it, or to provide reimbursement to a municipality, improvement district or hospital corporation for money provided for financing hospital projects that were raised or obtained otherwise than by borrowing;
The Comox Strathcona Hospital District (CSRHD) provides cost-shared capital funding, with the province paying 60 per cent and the CSRHD paying 40 per cent to the following facilities:
- North Island Hospital Campbell River & District
- North Island Hospital Comox Valley
- Cortes Health Centre
- Gold River Health Centre
- Kyuquot Health Centre
- Sayward Primary Health Care Clinic
- Tahsis Health Centre
- Zeballos Health Centre
The Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) is responsible for providing support services to the CSRHD board. To see the CVRD senior team, please click here.